Besides being the most vital character in the world of humanity, a mother has the strongest embodied capacities for pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding that merely undermine her nutrients reserves…Consequently, among the best gifts you could offer her on this special occasion, is a scrumptious yet healthy low fat cake that’s fully packed with powerful yet essential nutrients ?
Ingredients (for 16 persons):
Cooking spray for greasing
1 ½ cup of sugar
2 cups of flour
3 egg whites
¼ tsp of Vanilla powder
2 tbsp baking powder
¾ cup freshly squeezed oranges
¼ cup canola oil
2 diced pears
20 pieces of walnuts
50 pieces of cranberries
6 orange peels diced
Method of preparation:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9-inch
spring form pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Dust lightly
- In a large mixing bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder and mix. Add the eggs with ¼ teaspoon of vanilla. Mix altogether with the orange juice and canola oil.
- Chop the walnuts and orange peels and add them with the cranberries and diced pears to the mixture.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Place on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
Bon Appétit & Happy Mother’s day!
Dietitian Nicole Maftoum
2 thoughts on “~*Mother’s day cake!”
Excellent ,thank you Nicole.
You’re welcome Hiam 🙂