“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day… Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”… Show him how to prepare fish in the healthiest way, and you’ll snap up his attention till the end of time… Grilling and flavoring a Tuna filet Mankoushe is a very healthy and yet simple way of forming a balanced lunch in an ambrosial dish!
Ingredients (for 6 persons):
Large tuna fish (balamida in Arabic)
Thyme and sesame (zaatar)
Salt and white pepper
Method of preparation:
- Clean and cut the fish into medium sized fillets
- In a small bowl mix the zaatar with olive oil
- Salt and pepper each fillet
- Dip each fillet in the zaatar mixture and directly display on the grill
- Grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tuna is cooked
- Serve in a dish with salad two tablespoons of hummus and grilled vegetables!
The dense and meaty flavor and texture of fresh tuna in addition to its nutritious benefits make out of it a crucial fish!
It is an excellent source of high quality protein, and includes essential nutrients such as the minerals: selenium, magnesium, and potassium; the B vitamins niacin, B1 and B6; and perhaps most importantly, the beneficial omega-3 essential fatty acids.
Enjoying a grilled Tuna filet twice per week may help raise omega-3 levels and procure you a sense of well-being!
Dietitian Nicole Maftoum
Chez Maguy Restaurant – Batroun/Lebanon