Preparation time: 35 minutes
Time to cook: 10 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
Calories per serving: 355
Proteins per serving: 20g
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Harissa paste
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 medium sized red bell peppers
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
1 medium sized eggplant
6 tbsp labneh light
3 tsp Optifast Vegetable soup powder
Method of preparation:
1. Cut the eggplant into cubes, transfer to a baking tray, salt the cubes and set aside for 20 minutes before baking in a preheated oven 350ºC for around 15 minutes.
2. In a pan mix 1 tbsp olive oil with harissa paste, add tomato paste and the red bell peppers diced all along with the crushed garlic, cumin and cook for around 10 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add the diced tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Space the cooked mixture, making holes to crack the eggs sunny-side up and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl mix the labneh with Optimist vegetable soup powder. Decorate with mint leaves.
6. Serve the shakshuka with roasted eggplants aside and labneh.
One serving of this recipe includes 2 eggs and 2 tbsp labneh mixture.